We aim to bring in a 'Viable Social Enterprise' that provides quality healthcare to all.
Today, there is a wide range of Eye Care available to every stratum of the society. Our missison is to bring this same variety and quality in all the specialites...
Department of ENT
Sometimes your voice doesn’t sound as sweet or you may be unable to catch the finer aspects in a musical rendition. Or there may be other times when dizzy spellss pin you down in bed. Relax, all is not lost. There are many ways to restore your voice, hearing or balance through modern medicine
Appasamy Hospitals ENT Department focuses on disorders of the ear, nose and throat. Generally people think that ENT deals with hearing loss, ear infections or problems of the sinus. In reality it deals with much more. The ENT Department provides care for a wide range of disorders including hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, speech, and language. ENT Specialists also treat head and neck cancers and perform reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery.
Appasamy Hospitals provides high quality care to patients with complicated ear, nose and throat disorders. Flexible and rigid endoscopes with video camera system and binocular microscopes are some of the modern equipments used in the diagnosis. Modern technology enables out patient procedures like endoscopic cauterization in epistaxis, biopsies of certain nose and throat lesions. Removal of foreign bodies is accomplished with ease.
With a close collaboration with other specialities such as neurology, neurosurgery, pulmonology, radiology, anaesthesia, internal medicine, allergy, radiotheraphy, oncology, and immunology we offer holistic treatment.
Sinus problems are very common and can sometimes hamper day to day life with their severity. We offer advanced care for patients with chronic sinusitis, nasal polyposis, fungal sinusitis, nasal obstruction, and tumors of the nasal cavity and anterior skull base
Minimally invasive and computer-assisted surgical techniques are available for patients with refractory or complex nasal and sinus disease.
Sleep disorders, when severe, can rob a person of undisturbed sleep at night leading to declined productivity. Appasamy Hospitals offers surgical solutions to patients with severe snoring, obstructed breathing, and sleep apnea.
Hearing problems are treated here with the latest technology. Hearing aid trial and fitting is done with a great degree of accuracy. Other hearing disorders are treated after exhaustive tests are performed to ascertain the nature and severity of the problem.
Surgeries performed at the hospital
Routine surgeries of ear, nose & throat, head & neck. Apart from the routine surgeries, we have special expertise in the following:
- Reconstructive middle ear surgery
- Surgery of the facial nerve
- Congential ear anomalies
- Microlaryngeal surgery
- Surgery for snoring and sleep apnoea
- Septoplasty and septorhinoplasty
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Head and neck cancer surgeries
- Revision ear surgeries
- Laser surgeries for several head and neck lesions.
Speech Disorders treated at Appasamy Hospitals
- Assessment Evaluation and Treatment of Voice Speech and Language Disorders
- Voice disorders
- Laryngectomee rehabilitation
- Fluency disorders: Stuttering / Stammering, cluttering
- Articulation disorders
- Cleft palate speech rehabilitation
- Neurogenic speech and language disorders like aphasis, apraxias and dysarthrias
- Theraphy for swallowing disorders (dysphagias)
- Delay in speech and language development due to hearing loss, mental retardation and Autism.
- Development and childhood aphasias.
- Maintenance speech theraphy in degenerative disorders.